Terms and Conditions
This Lease is between LUXE KART LEASING, LLC, dba LUXE KART hereinafter called the “Lessor,” and the individual reserving the LSV hereinafter called the “Renter.”
IN CONSIDERATION of the mutual covenants and agreements herein contained, Lessor hereby leases to Renter and Renter hereby leases from Lessor the LSV Kart, Charger and Cord, hereinafter called the “LSV.” This lease shall bind the Renter, its heirs, estate, or legally appointed representatives. Renter as herein used shall include all persons to whom this LSV is leased. The parties do hereby agree to the following terms:
1. Renter acknowledge that Renter has been instructed in, and are familiar with, the operation and use of said LSV, and Renter has read and understands the “Low Speed Vehicles Information Sheet” and any other instruction provided to Renter regarding use and operation of the LSV and agree to operate the LSV in accordance with said instructions. If Renter has any questions or concerns about operation of the LSV, its safety or mechanical condition, Renter agrees to promptly notify LUXE KART LEASING, LLC at the following number: (757) 264-7777. Renter agrees to examine and inspect the safety and mechanical conditions of the LSV before each use and will promptly report any concerns or problems before driving the vehicle.
2. Renter agrees to drive only on roads with a posted speed limit of 35 MPH or less and keep the LSV within Ten (10) miles of the Drop off / Pickup Location at all times.
3. Renter understand that operation of the LSV is subject to the same laws and regulations that pertain to operation of motor vehicles in the State of which the rental is located and agree that the LSV will be operated in accordance with these laws and all local laws. This includes, but is not limited to, the requirement that anyone driving the LSV must hold a valid driver’s license and not be under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs.
4. Renter understand that Renter will be personally responsible for all moving and and/or parking violations issued to Renter or any other operators of the LSV during the time it is being leased to Renter or in Renter possession.
5. Renter acknowledge and agree that only persons who are twenty-one (21) years or older and possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance, shall be permitted to drive the LSV. Renter further agrees that the maximum occupancy of the LSV is six persons (including children) on a six-seater LSV and four persons (including children) on a four-seater LSV.
6. Renter understand that Lessor requires the operator to have appropriate auto insurance coverage for the LSV to cover any damages or injuries caused to person or property of Renter or others as a result of the operation of the LSV by Renter or other permissive users, and that Renter is solely responsible for any claims which result there from. Renter represents that appropriate insurance coverage exists in this regard.
7. Renter will operate the LSV safely and responsibly, understands that Renter is legally and financially liable for all property damage or personal injury caused to Renter, or to others, are a result of Renter’s use and operation of the LSV. Renter understands that Renter is also responsible for any loss or damage caused to the LSV itself or lost rental income as a result of its loss of use. Renter agrees to promptly pay, indemnify and hold Lessor harmless from any and all damages, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever that may raise from the use of the LSV during the time of the Renter’s rental term and/or possession of the LSV, including, but not limited to, claims for personal injury, property damage, damage to the LSV itself, Renter and Renter’s property, and/or the persons and property of others. Should Renter default in performance of Renter’s obligations herein, Renter agrees to be responsible for all costs incurred by Lessor in defending any such claims brought against Lessor, enforcing the terms of this Agreement or seeking damages for its breach, including payment of reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by Lessor in this regard, and interest from the date of breach at the rate of eight (8) percent per annum or maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is greater.
8. Renter understands and agrees that the LSV may not be operated on the beach or other off-road use and that Renter is solely responsible for the costs of all repairs caused by breach of this condition. Should the LSV become inoperable through no fault of Renter, Lessor will take reasonable steps to have the vehicle repaired and if unable to do so, will provide a replacement vehicle or issue a refund toward the unused rental agreement at the sole discretion of Lessor.
9. In the event that Renter violates any of the conditions referenced above, Renter understands and agrees that the Deposit will be forfeited and further use of the LSV may be revoked immediately and without notice and that Lessor may repossess the LSV in Lessor’s sole discretion. In such case, Renter understands that Renter shall not be entitled to any rent refund or deposit refund resulting from this revocation of privilege.
10. In the event that any litigation is results from the terms and conditions of this agreement, the parties agreed that such litigation must occur in the City of Suffolk, Virginia Courts (Suffolk General District Court or Suffolk Circuit Court) only as the sole venue.
11. During the Renter’s rental of the vehicle the Renter agree to keep the LVS plugged in and charging at times when the LSV is at the property location.
12. Both parties understand that this Agreement represents the sole understanding between the parties. Any subsequent, contemporaneous or previous oral conversations regarding the parties’ agreement are to be held void and to have no effect as it relates to altering or adding to the terms of this Agreement.
13. By endorsing this Agreement, the Renter acknowledges that he or she has had ample time to inspect the LSV for any cosmetic or mechanical defects and there assumes the risk of any injury or loss that may occur from the use of the LSV due to cosmetic or mechanical defect.
14. Cancellation Policy – In the event your plans change, you may cancel your reservation up until 30 days prior to your rental date for a full rental payment refund, less a $75 administrative fee. After that date, no refund is guaranteed. We will attempt to re-rent the Vehicle. If we are able to re-rent the Vehicle, we will issue a refund of the rental amount less any difference in rental rate and less a $75 administrative fee. No refunds are given for emergencies, inclement weather, hurricane evacuations, COVID restrictions or early departures.
15. The parties agree and recognize that electronic or scanned signatures will have the same force and effect as original signatures.
16. The Renter understands that the Lessor is totally separate and distinct from the home owner where the LSV is located and actually garaged. Therefore, the Renter agrees to pursue any valid legal actions related to this Agreement against the Lessor only, and agrees to not pursue said causes of action against said home owner, and agrees to hold the home owner harmless for payment of the same.
By creating a reservation, Renter has read and understands that the rental of the LSV is subject to the terms and conditions of the binding Rental Agreement and Renter agrees to the terms of the Rental Agreement.